Thursday, March 3, 2011

Hot Chocolate...Before it's too late!

I don't know what the weather's been like in your neck of the woods (or desert or island or wherever you're joining us from), but it's been unseasonably warm where we live. Before we start craving freshly squeezed lemonade and popsicles, I wanted to get this recipe for hot chocolate in. This is Linda's favorite hot drink for chilly evenings when she's wanting a treat. She says, "Use the best dark chocolate you can afford."


Ingredients:


1 oz. (25 gm) dark chocolate broken into pieces
A pinch of grated nutmeg
7 fl oz (200 ml) milk
Sugar to taste,
1 Tbsp. heavy cream, whipped
grated chocolate and cinnamon
To Make:
1. Place the chocolate, nutmeg, milk and sugar to taste in a saucepan. Heat gently and stir until the chocolate melts. Do not boil.
2. Serve with whipped cream and the grated chocolate on top. Enjoy!
Submitted by Linda @ Penny-wise

2 comments:

  1. I love to add cayenne pepper to my hot chocolate. Just a sprinkle or two, unless I feel a cold/flu coming on and then I add a bit more! It's in the 80s here right now....I don't see hot chocolate in my future, but I'll be sure to tuck this away for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have done this type of thing with "ruined" chocolate bars... One year my dad and I went on a long camping car trip. We had bought a case of chocolate bars (cheaper) in the cooler - but they ended up getting wet, which of course ruins chocolate. So my dad would take one, carefully melt it and add milk. heavenly! (I like milk chocolate though...)

    For variation, add a couple of drops of pepperment extract or oil (watch the amount... some of these are powerful!) Or add a bit of orange flavouring...

    ReplyDelete