Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Homemade Powdered Laundry Detergent

Well, you asked for it, so here it is! A recipe for homemade POWDERED laundry detergent!

Ingredients:

1 cup grated Fels Naptha soap
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup Borax

Mix ingredients together and store in an airtight container.

This recipe can be used in newer high-efficiency washers because it will not make suds. It can also be used in traditional washers.

Use:
1 Tbsp. for small loads
2 Tbsp. for normal loads
3 Tbsp. for large or heavily soiled loads

Submitted by Linda @ Penny-wise

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING this laundry soap! I have always made my own liquid and after trying this, I don't think I'll ever go back. It's so easy to make and stores in a way smaller container than my 10-gallon tub. It cleans really well and smells great too! Thanks for this recipe!

    ReplyDelete