Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Yummy Oatmeal Pancakes


These pancakes are very filling and sweet enough that you really don't need much syrup.

Ingredients:

1 1/4 cups quick cooking oatmeal
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
4 Tbsp. melted butter or coconut oil
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups buttermilk*

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and stir until combined. The oatmeal will want to hang out at the bottom, so make sure you make it join the party. Cook on a hot griddle, at about 300 degrees. 

*To make buttermilk with regular milk, add 2 tsp. lemon juice or vinegar to a measuring cup then add enough milk to make 2 cups.  Let it sit for about 5 minutes before using it in your recipe.

Submitted by Heather at Penny-wise Women

4 comments:

  1. Oh my yummy! I cannot wait to try these! I'm also going to try freezing them. I'll let you know how that turns out. Great recipe!
    ~Lindsey @ Penny-wise

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made a big batch of these pancakes tonight. Oh, they are SO good. They really are sweet enough that my kids didn't even want syrup. This recipe yielded 24 small-medium pancakes. I allowed them to cool completely and then bagged them up for freezing. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so yummy! My kids literally sat at my feet and ate them as they came off the stove. My oldest said they taste like an oatmeal cookie and that he never wants the other pancakes again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will this work with old fashioned slow cooking oatmeal too? I hope this isn't a dumb question!

    ReplyDelete